Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bunnies

Here in the great state of Michigan we have all kinds of wildlife around. In our yard so far we have seen our Turkey's and their babies (they are back again this year), a coyote, squirrels (black and gray), possums, deer, crows, a weasel and three bunnies. Tongith I am going to tell you all a story about the bunnies...

Paul, His MoRose, Hayden and I were all sitting around the breakfast room table (next to the big picture window) playing Catch Phrase, when I happened to look out the window and saw our three bunny friends (Grace has named the Todd, Lily, and Snuggles). I commented to everyone "hey, look! there are the bunnies playing ring-around-the-stump"(tree stump in the yard) and made everyone look. Unfortunatly they were not playing ring-around-the-stump, Todd and Lily were playing "let's make more snuggles" I immediatly told the kids to sit down, but it was too late...they got a quick lesson in "oh, how cute...they are playing leap frog". We are not going to be pointing out the antics nature get up to in our yard anymore!

So, Paul's mom is here for a visit. It has been lots of fun. She doesn't like squirrel, so we are best friends! We have been shopping, sightseeing, eating, and going to yard sales. She is here until Monday and than she leaves and the kids and I go to Chicago for a week. Mark (my brother) is taking H to a cubs game and G and I are going to lunch at American Girl with my Mom. Yippee!!! G wants to get the Rachel doll because she is a "New Yorkie" and we are going there this summer.

I hope everyone has a happy 4th and enjoy's whatever fireworks you get to see!

2 comments:

Crafty Webfoot said...

Too funny. I have to say, I was very relieved that W was not with me the day I drove out the driveway and the stallion across the road was getting a "piggy back ride" from the pony. And, fortunately the stallion has moved on to a greener pasture now that his work is done....

So, are you trying to fatten up the squirrel at all?? Is the Peteshouse family coming for a visit?? That was aweful, huh?

Anonymous said...

A liquor store in Astoria would have been a whole nother adventure in itself! lol

My squirrel loving MIL is coming next week. Enough said about that.

When are you guys going to New York?

Who do you think the mystery houseguest on BB will be?? I've heard possibly Jen, but I hope not. Maybe it would be Jon Gosselin...that would be good TV! He needs 6 weeks away from his family.